The Computer Science Faculty at Sackville School aims to equip students with the skills to participate in a rapidly-changing world through challenging and engaging topics.
Students will study a hybrid curriculum of Computer Science and IT/iMedia until the end of Key Stage 3, and if selected as an option, a focussed curriculum on either subject at Key Stage 4 and 5.
Students will develop an understanding and application in the fundamental principles of Computer Science and IT by having the opportunity to write programs, design webpages and produce professional digital products. They will build on their understanding of how learnt skills can be applied to a range of contexts and scenarios.
Skills learnt in Key Stage 3 aim to enable students to be confident, creative and independent learners across the curriculum at Key Stage 4 and beyond.
The national curriculum for Computing aims to ensure that all pupils:
- can understand and apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science, including abstraction, logic, algorithms and data representation
- can analyse problems in computational terms, and have repeated practical experience of writing computer programs in order to solve such problems
- can evaluate and apply information technology, including new or unfamiliar technologies, analytically to solve problems
- are responsible, competent, confident and creative users of information and communication technology.
Sackville Computer Science Faculty further aims to ensure that all pupils:
- can accurately and effectively use the Internet in a range of contexts including the IoT
- can evaluate and troubleshoot basic IT software and hardware problems
- can identify suitable software and hardware requirements for given contexts
- can apply their knowledge of IT/Computer Science to a range of contexts
- are able to articulate their work to a range of audiences including external businesses
In Computer Science we are dedicated to ensuring our students leave with the skills to fully embrace a future of rapidly advancing computer technology and the Internet of Things.
CURRICULUM MAPS – COMPUTER SCIENCE
|Year 7 Curriculum Map||Year 8 Curriculum Map||Year 9 Curriculum Map||Year 10 Curriculum Map||Year 11 Curriculum Map|
CURRICULUM MAPS – CREATIVE iMEDIA
Year 10 Curriculum Map
Year 11 Curriculum Map
Curriculum Team Leader for Computer Science – Mr Ashley Vallally-Godfrey
|Last Name||First Name||Staff Code||Work Email|